Roaches are one of those pests that not only spread harmful diseases, but also trigger allergic reactions in humans, specially allergic people, elders and children. It is, therefore, crucial to take measurable steps against cockroach infestation. However, experts generally recommend not to use harmful chemicals or pesticides to shoo away these little critters, as they can hamper the health of your family members. Fortunately, there are numerous natural remedies that can be used to get rid of a cockroach infestation in your house. Stated below are some of them, have a quick look –
Borax and Sugar
Cockroaches are generally attracted to organic substances. Thus, borax and sugar can easily be used to kill roaches naturally.
- Take equal quantities of sugar and borax, then mix and prepare a mixture to feed the pests.
- Place the mixture near the infested area or other places where the critters are often sighted.
- After a couple of hours, you will notice dead roaches around the area where you have placed the mixture.
Always keep in mind that borax is a toxic chemical and it is important to be very careful while using this product. Keep it away from children and pets.
2. Bay Leaves
Bay leaves are another useful natural remedy that can help you to bid adieu to the harmful cockroaches present in your house.
- Dry the leaves and make them into a powder with the help of grinder.
- Sprinkle the powder near the infested areas.
- The roaches will soon leave from your house.
Water and ammonia can be used for preventing cockroach infestation in your house.
- Take a bucketful of water and add ammonia to it.
- Wash the rough surface of your bathroom, kitchen and other areas (if possible) with this solution.
- Roaches will vacate your house as soon as they will find that ammonia has been applied.
Other than adopting all the aforementioned natural cockroach prevention remedies, it is equally important to take care of certain factors. For instance, keeping your place neat and ensuring proper hygiene is important. Uncovered food left on the table can invite roaches to your house. So don’t leave any food uncovered anywhere. If required, have your property inspected once in every 3 months by appointing a reputed residential pest control service provider in North Shore. Doing so can help to keep not only roaches, but all kinds of pest away from your home.