Repairing rising damp is not a difficult task. There are many ways that professional damp cleaners follow to repair damps. In this blog, we will discuss how rising damp specialists can repair the rising damp that exists in the inside and outside walls of your property. Let’s start the discussion stepwise.
Step 1: Inspection
Before your rising damp specialist starts with the process of preventing it you need to inspect or check the affected areas of your wall. Check whether your house has a DPC or Damp Proof Course or not. You must also check the exterior walls, damaged drains, pipelines of your property. During the checking process, consider these following things:
- Check the outside area of your property and make sure that the surfaces are not carrying water to a higher level of DPC.
- Check the drainpipes, roofs, blocked gutter properly.
- Check whether there are enough air-bricks surrounding the walls of your property.
- Check whether your chimney, bathrooms, boilers, and kitchens well ventilated or not.
- Check whether the grouting is intact between your shower and bathroom or not.
Inspect all the pipework for any leaks.
Step 2: Creating a Damp Proof Barrier
Once the checking is completed, you must opt for a damp cleaning expert who can prevent your rising damps. Let’s discuss how they create a damp proof barrier professionally.
- Firstly, experts start removing all the surface contamination as well as a loose material.
- After that, they make holes in every intersection by using a cordless drilling machine. They drill the holes 15 cm above from the ground level.
- Once done, they start cleaning the holes with the help of a compressed dry air bowel.
- Now, they insert an injector cream into the drilled holes by using a simple inserting gun. This material starts diffusing within the damp wall and makes a water repellent barrier.
Step 3: Repairing damaged walls
After creating the DPB, professionals re-plaster the area internally as well as externally. To do this, they apply a special kind waterproofing agent to the walls.
Step 4: Redecoration
Once they re-plastered the wall, they start decorating the wall by using a preventative and very high-quality coating.
These are the most common steps that are followed by damp proofing specialists to prevent your rising damp. So, if you want to make sure that rising damp issue doesn’t happen to your walls then you must opt for waterproofing specialists as soon as possible.